I want to nominate someone for a room. How do I do this?
- Please contact your housing corporation. Maastricht Housing does not handle nominations, so it is not possible to do this on the Maastricht Housing website!
- The tenant has to go to the website of the housing corporation with which you hold the current rental contract. You can select the option to cancel it online, by letter or using the ‘rental termination’ form. For canceling online: under the heading ‘Notes’ on the rental cancellation page or in an attachment, enter the first name, last name, gender and birthdate (and, if possible, the Maastricht Housing registration number) of the person who wants to take over your living space. Also fill in all other requested data.
- At all times, the housing corporations reserve the right to determine whether a nomination will be approved or rejected.
- Keep in mind that there are some restrictions concerning registration time for the new tenant (see schedule below).
- Please note that a nomination is only possible for rooms.
Location outside the postal codes 6211 and 6221: min. subscription period 6 months
Location within the postal codes 6211 and 6221: min. subscription period 12 months
The final commitment is with the housing corporation themselves.
In the case of residential vacancy minimum registration time is not strictly required.